[Libav-user] installing for Windows

Navin nkipe at tatapowersed.com
Mon Nov 26 14:44:09 CET 2012

@Jim: I've used Dev, and had problems with sws_scale not working. No
idea why, but if you download the "shared" prebuilt libraries from
Zeranoe, you can use ffmpeg's DLL files with MSVC like so:

#include <Windows.h>
#include <libavformat/avformat.h>
#include <libavcodec/avcodec.h>//just as an example

int main()
{
    const char * avfDLLpointer =
"F:\\Nav\\VisualStudio\\ffmpegTestProgram\\ffmpegTestProgram\\avformat-54.dll";//you
can place this DLL in the same directory as your exe
    const char * avcDLLpointer =
"F:\\Nav\\VisualStudio\\ffmpegTestProgram\\ffmpegTestProgram\\avcodec-54.dll";.//just
as an example
    HINSTANCE hinstLib_avformat = LoadLibrary(avfDLLpointer);
    HINSTANCE hinstLib_avcodec  = LoadLibrary(avcDLLpointer);//just as
an example
   __av_dump_format       av_dump_format_proc         =
(__av_dump_format)        GetProcAddress(hinstLib_avformat,
"av_dump_format");

  av_register_all_proc();// Register all formats and codecs
}

Navin