[Libav-user] installing for Windows

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 03:06:08 CET 2012

Well, turns out ffmpeg is REALLY not responsible for the opening of console windows when called through _popen(), regardless of how it's built.

It's _popen() itself that opens the console window if the calling process isn't attached to a console. I'll presume this is what allows it to work even in a Windows app.

Seems I have the option to write my own _popen() variant that opens the window invisibly, but that's probably going to require more time investment than I'm interested to make...

R.