[Libav-user] TimeStamping

abhishek bansal discover.ab at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 07:30:53 CEST 2012

Hi all,

This is my first time with ffmpeg library. I am trying to encode a live
video feed which is coming from frame-grabber cards. This feed is having
variable frame rate and i have no control over it. Feed is captured using
Directshow's ISampleGrabber interface. Now when i try to encode this feed
using ffmpeg library my resulted video play back is either very slow or
very fast. I searched over internet and i suspect that I can control them
using timestamps. I am setting timestamp when i get frame from directshow
filter as per following code

_startTime = _lastTime;
            _lastTime += CRefTime(pvi->AvgTimePerFrame);
            pSample->SetTime( (REFERENCE_TIME *)&_startTime,
(REFERENCE_TIME*)&_lastTime );
--
Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Bansal