[Libav-user] FFmpeg License Violation - What Are My Remedies?

Michael Bradshaw mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com
Thu Oct 11 01:33:02 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Matthew Lawrence
<matthew.c.lawrence at gmail.com> wrote:
>[...]

> What steps can I take (other than hiring a lawyer) to assert my rights?

Pretty much nothing. You can ask for it all you want, and they can say
no all they want. IANAL, so I've no clue who's in the right, but if
you really want it and they say no, pretty much the only thing you can
do is take them to court and let the court decide if you're entitled
to the source or not.

> Who at FFmpeg can I notify of this violation so that they can enforce their rights?

 I can't speak for FFmpeg, but I doubt there's anything anyone in the
FFmpeg project can/will do (aside from putting them on a wall of shame
or hiring a lawyer and suing).

--Michael