[Libav-user] FFmpeg License Violation - What Are My Remedies?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Oct 11 21:04:15 CEST 2012

Le nonidi 19 vendémiaire, an CCXXI, Michael Bradshaw a écrit :
> Sorry, I meant the only two things I see as options for the FFmpeg
> project is putting them on a wall of shame or hiring a lawyer and
> suing, neither of which I expect to happen. I didn't word that very
> well.

In this particular case, there may be a more efficient way: the application
in question is sold on Google Play, any copyright holder of the distributed
version of ffmpeg would be entitled to get it taken down by the market
authorities.

Of course, it would require very careful examination to be sure that there
is indeed infringement. A verbatim copy of the mails requesting the source
code and their replies would be an absolute prerequisite.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George