[Libav-user] Detecting broken frame

Marco Anastasi marco.anastasi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 22:42:38 CEST 2012

Hi all,
I'm using avcodec to decode an RTSP video stream for a custom streaming
application that I'm working on, and I noticed that sometimes a frame gets
corrupted and the video breaks completely, until it goes back to normal
after a while, I guess when a key frame is received. I believe the breakage
to happen when a keyframe goes missing, or when a packet is corrupted or
missing. I would like to detect when this happens, in order to send an
out-of-band message to the streaming server and force it to send another
keyframe when one is lost. Could anyone give me any hint about how / where
I could retrieve this information?