[Libav-user] Detecting broken frame

Andrew Krupiczka andrewk at vbrick.com
Thu Oct 11 22:57:10 CEST 2012

Assuming you're successful with your approach have you thought about what you're going to display to user until you get back all requested data.
That's not how things are normally working - very likely you have less or more significant data buffering going at your video decoder.
Instead, you should be rather thinking about improving a decoding resiliency e.g. just by repeating non-corrupted/missing data or by using some more advanced tools present in H.264 - if that is your format.
Best regards,

Andrew