[Libav-user] how to create seekable mkv using libavformat?

Jan Pohanka xhpohanka at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:45:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

> Could you provide a file that does not allow keyframe-seeking?
> I am curious if the decoding can be fixed.

I have checked it once more and found the mistake. My fault.

if (enc_buf->flags & BUF_IFRAME)
     pkt.flags |= AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY;

I was setting BUF_IFRAME flag sometimes also for P frames. After fixing it
just to IDR frames everything is ok. I expect that AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY should
be set only for IDR frames and not for I frames in h264, is that true?

regards
Jan

http://www.opera.com/mail/