[Libav-user] How to get PPS and SPS information from Codec Context when encoding H264 from iOS camera.

Zhang Yi 401478138 at qq.com
Mon Apr 1 10:23:01 CEST 2013

Hi, everyone

I am developing an app on iOS based on ffmpeg.
I want stream live video from iPhone camera to Red5 server.
I had captured the frame from iPhone camera and converted the frame into
H264 format.
Now I need to extract SPS and PPS information from CodecContext.extradata..

I had seen some posts with h264_mp4toannexb bitstream filter to extract SPS
and PPS information. But have no idea how to extract.

I'm sure the experts here can confirm or correct me, and explain better what
to do.

Best Regards,

Yi Zhang