[Libav-user] Reference app with ffmpeg n1.2 libs that works on IOS ?

Lars Hammarstrand lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 21:28:54 CEST 2013

2013/4/2 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

> Lars Hammarstrand <lars.hammarstrand at ...> writes:
>
> > Tested to run ffmpeg (the tool) and it crashes every
> > time exactly on the same spot as xbmc!
>
> Thank you for testing!

You are welcome! :-)

> Has n1.2 ever been tested on IOS?
>
> Did you test it before?

1. No, as stated in a previous mail XBMC is currently based on ffmpeg
version 0.10.2 that works perfectly well on *Apple IOS (iphone/ipad)* thus
this is the first time we test xbmc with the ffmpeg 2.1 libraries.

But that's not my point, let me refrase:

a) What is the minimum *platform* (win32, linux, etc) test requirement for
a new ffmpeg release , i.e does IOS count a standard platform for new
ffmpeg eeleases or is release 1.2 previously untested on IOS?
b) Who is normally maintaining the apple ios (iphone/ipad) platform for
ffmpeg.org?

Only trac is supported (and suggested) on this mailing list.

2. Let me refrase the question: Since Måns Rullgård at libav has done most
work on the ARM optimizations, which bug trackers is best to use a) the
libav.org bug tracker or b) the ffmpeg.org bug tracek or c) both bug
trackers?

> Please test current git head first to make sure the problem
> is still reproducible.

3. Ok, will do!

> Could you run the testsuite (make SAMPLES=path fate) on the
> iPhone? This would allow to verify if only H264 is affected
> or also other codecs.

4. Sorry, you have to be a bit more specific on this one since I'm not a
ffmpeg core developer. FATE is a rather complex automated testing
environment and IMHO this aught to be performed by a skilled IOS mainterner
at ffmpeg.org

> Does it work with -cpuflags -neon?
> Does it work with --disable-neon?

5. --disable-asm works.

Is this a regression, ie does it work with any older version?

6. Se point 1 above or read this mail conversion from start.
--

Regards, Lars.