[Libav-user] Reference app with ffmpeg n1.2 libs that works on IOS ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 2 21:45:02 CEST 2013

Lars Hammarstrand <lars.hammarstrand at ...> writes:

> > Could you run the testsuite (make SAMPLES=path fate) on the
> > iPhone? This would allow to verify if only H264 is affected
> > or also other codecs.
>
> 4. Sorry, you have to be a bit more specific on this one
> since I'm not a ffmpeg core developer. FATE is a rather
> complex automated testing environment

Yes, definitely:
$ make SAMPLES=fate-suite fate-rsync
$ make SAMPLES=fate-suite fate
;-)
(Needs rsync installed)

Most of your remaining questions are simply impossible
to answer (I don't remember FFmpeg ever having a
maintainer for x86, ppc or any other architecture and
allow me to repeat that only trac is relevant on
this mailing list), but please test if -cpuflags -neon
or --disable-neon helps.

(I will open a ticket if all information is available,
if you open it without bisecting this will unfortunately
not really help.)

Carl Eugen