[Libav-user] Reference app with ffmpeg n1.2 libs that works on IOS ?

Lars Hammarstrand lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:43:15 CEST 2013

2013/4/3 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

> Lars Hammarstrand <lars.hammarstrand at ...> writes:
>
> > > (I was actually wrong: 14 iterations == 15 compiles)
> >
> > That will take roughly 7,5 hours (give or take) in a
> > worst case scenario.
>
> (There is no worst case scenario, the amount of time is
> roughly the same in all scenarios.)

Worst case scenario is when you need to perform all iterations before you
find the "bad commit".

> Could you elaborate?
> Does cross compilation take approximately 30 minutes?

more or less: cleaning + compiling + codsigning on a rather slow vmware
partition: ~ 10-12 min, wake up + cleaning + copy to device: ~ 10-12 mins,
remote exec ffmpeg + gather result 1-2 min (3-4 min if it fails and a gdb
script is executed)

If yes, it will be easy to reduce the time...

(I originally thought that reducing compilation time
> will take more time than it saves, but with 30 minutes
> per run that is of course not true.)

Enlighten me please :-)