[Libav-user] Reference app with ffmpeg n1.2 libs that works on IOS ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Apr 3 13:28:45 CEST 2013

Lars Hammarstrand <lars.hammarstrand at ...> writes:

> Ok, can you please confirm I'm at the correct starting point:
>
> $ git bisect good 3c5fe5b

Only you can answer if 3c5fe5b works ok, if it does,
please test a1bcc76.
(In case this is not obvious: Because of the
peculiarities of the FFmpeg project, your
script may save you some time but will not
work the way you are used to from other git
repositories, I therefore suggest manual
compilation.)

If compilation really takes >10minutes, you can
try the following configure line with current
git head:
$ ./configure --disable-everything --enable-protocol=file
--enable-demuxer=mov --enable-parser=h264 --enable-decoder=h264

(You of course have to add the cross-compilation options.)

This assumes your crashing test file is a mov file,
adapt the --enable-demuxer entry in case it is not.

You can also test --disable-optimizations, this speeds
compilation up significantly but may hide the bug: It
is probably ok in your case but who knows.

(This will work even less with a script because some
revisions will need additional --enable-* options to
succeed compilation.)

Carl Eugen