[Libav-user] Reference app with ffmpeg n1.2 libs that works on IOS ?

Lars Hammarstrand lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 17:05:31 CEST 2013

2013/4/5 Alexey Belkevich <belkevich at mlsdev.com>

> On Friday, April 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Lars Hammarstrand wrote:
>
> Got some new errors with the new gas-preprocessor. Full log at:
> http://pastebin.com/wF4aZGis. Brief summary:
>
> Version info - ffmpeg e820e3a (n1.2), gas-preprocessor f4a42dc077 (Oct
> 03, 2012)
>
> 1. LD ffmpeg_g
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: empty_row from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(jrevdct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: end_of_row_loop from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(jrevdct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: start_column_loop from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(jrevdct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: column_loop from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(jrevdct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: empty_odd_column from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(jrevdct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: the_end from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(jrevdct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: __b_evaluation from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: __end_b_evaluation from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: __a_evaluation from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: __almost_empty_row from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: __end_row_loop from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: __end_b_evaluation2 from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: __a_evaluation2 from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_arm.o)
> ld: warning: ARM function not 4-byte aligned: __end_simple_idct_arm from
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(simple_idct_arm.o)
> *ld: in libavcodec/libavcodec.a(h264qpel_neon.o), in section
> __TEXT,__text reloc 12: R_ABS reloc but no absolute symbol at target
> address for architecture armv7*
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [ffmpeg_g] Error 1
>
> Try updated gas-preprocessor -
> https://github.com/mansr/gas-preprocessor.git
> It should fix error with "R_ABS reloc"

*Success!! * Finally is the last piece of the root cause identified and
solved :D *Big Smile*. I'm pretty sure this will solve the xbmc problem as
well but let me come back with a final confirmation later on.

Found also this link regarding the same error:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2012-December/012307.html. May I
suggest one of the following changes regarding the gas-processor.pl:

1) Distribute a prepackaged version of gas-processor.pl that works,
together with ffmpeg.

2) At the very least, update the docs (docs/platform.texi) regarding the
gas-processor.p referense to "https://github.com/mansr/gas-preprocessor"
and also add some controls to "Configure" that verifies that the correct
version of gas-processor.pl is used.

Personally, I would prefer point nr 1.

And finally, many Big Thanks to all who helped and assisted with this
problem, especially to Carl that came up with a lot of different ideas and
managed to find the right track (gas-processor.pl) and to Alexey that found
a solution to the last error. /Regards, Lars.