[Libav-user] Update filter settings at runtime

Bjoern Drabeck bjoern.drabeck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 07:23:11 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have recently played around with filters, and successfully integrated
them into my test application, so I can apply video and audio filters, for
example bass and treble filters when I play an audio file, or apply a video
filter - but those I always set on opening of the file.

I have however got a question on what the recommended practice would be on
updating filters at runtime?

I would like to be able for example to have an equalizer panel for the
audio, where I can change the bass, treble, etc settings and apply those
while playing back the file, so I can fine tune it to a setting that I like.

The filter samples are very basic and don't really indicate an approach for
that..

Anyone have any hints on how to do this?

thanks,
Bjoern