[Libav-user] Update filter settings at runtime

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 02:24:18 CEST 2013

On date Monday 2013-04-08 13:23:11 +0800, Bjoern Drabeck encoded:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently played around with filters, and successfully integrated
> them into my test application, so I can apply video and audio filters, for
> example bass and treble filters when I play an audio file, or apply a video
> filter - but those I always set on opening of the file.
>

> I have however got a question on what the recommended practice would be on
> updating filters at runtime?

See the process_command() API, for example how it is used in hue and
sendcmd filters.

> I would like to be able for example to have an equalizer panel for the
> audio, where I can change the bass, treble, etc settings and apply those
> while playing back the file, so I can fine tune it to a setting that I like.
>
> The filter samples are very basic and don't really indicate an approach for
> that..
>
> Anyone have any hints on how to do this?

You need to implement a process_command() callback, which should be
fairly simple, or in alternative send a feature request on trac.
--
FFmpeg = Fabulous & Fostering Merciless Power Erudite Generator