[Libav-user] Seeking encoded video (.avi)

praks411 praks411 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 12:31:34 CEST 2013

Hi,
I'm writing a small application to convert between container formats for
video files. My input is a video file (.flv, .mp4, .mov) and output is
exactly same video in .avi container. I'm using muxing.c example for my
reference. I'm just copying both input and output stream as it is, except
that I'm changing the pts and dts of packets.
The output file is generate properly and I'm able to play it on windows
media player.
But it has some issues.
1. If I play the output (.avi) file in vlc then I'm just able to play video
there is no audio.
2. On windows media player I'm getting both audio and video but I'm not able
to seek the file.
Please post your suggestion what could be going wrong.

Thanks and Regards,
Pradeep