[Libav-user] AAC with FLV

Brad O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Fri Apr 19 06:03:33 CEST 2013

On Apr 18, 2013, at 12:29 PM, Brad O'Hearne <brado at bighillsoftware.com> wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2013, at 9:36 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>
>> For mp3 and speex, you have to compile FFmpeg with
>> external libraries (lame and libspeex), to use the
>> internal aac encoder you have to pass the equivalent
>> of -strict -2 to the system.

I am still not having any luck with this. I have added '-strict -2" to both --extra-cflags and --extra-ldflags and have successfully compiled, but when I try to run my app, the avcodec_open2 function fails and outputs the following to the log:

[aac @ 0x10700cc00] The encoder 'aac' is experimental but experimental codecs are not enabled, add '-strict -2' if you want to use it.

Where does this '-strict -2' need to be added to enable the proper codecs and get past this error?

Thanks,

Brad