[Libav-user] Anybody got DXVA2 running?

Lars Hammarstrand lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:04:15 CEST 2013

Hi

I'm facing hard problems to get DXVA2 to work based on current master head
or 1.2. The ffmpeg implementation seems to supports DXVA2 hw-accl codec for
H.264/MPEG-4 & MPEG-2 (i.e Hi10P) but I only get CPU decoded and swscale
converted working properly. Same problem goes with VideoLan's VLC binary
2.0.6 but Apples Quicktime seems doing fine with full hw-acc with only 2-4%
CPU. Maybe this has anything to do with it:
http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2013-March/139852.html.
 Dxdiag says dx10 and all hw functions enabled.

Anybody got DXVA2 running? If so, which ffmpeg version and config flags
were used?

Thanks in advance!