[Libav-user] BGR24 to YUV pixel conversion

Neil Menne nhmenne42 at students.tntech.edu
Tue Apr 23 16:21:39 CEST 2013

I'm trying to convert a raw image that I receive as a unsigned character
array. I then create (via avpicture_alloc) two AVPictures (one for the
source and one for the destination). I then do an avpicture_fill for the
input using the unsigned character array. The value returned by
avpicture_fill matches the size of the original image.

When I do the sws_scale, I get a printout saying "bad src image pointers"
which comes from the check_image_pointers function in sws_scale. My
question is this: How is this happening? I'm filling an allocated picture.
Where is the disconnect?

Thanks in advance, guys.

-Neil

P.S. here's the relevant snippet of code