[Libav-user] AAC with FLV

Brad O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Thu Apr 25 00:59:22 CEST 2013

On Apr 24, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have nothing against you, but seeing that so much time passed and problem
> is still not solved is really making me feel uneasy, and reading
> multiple threads that come up with almost same problem and that same FUD spreading is makeing me

Dunno about fear/doubt, but uncertainty is the nature of any question. I am indeed uncertain about the solution here; hence the questions.

> even less ignorant so I will look at this asap just to stop FUD nonsense.

I gratefully accept and appreciate any help anyone offers. I just updated the code on Github to be a bit cleaner in a few areas testing was taking place, updated the configuration such that it was encoding only audio (to isolate it) and writing to a local file (rather than streaming across the network), and put a new sample FLV file out there so anyone could listen to sample audio that was created with this app. If you or anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do whatever I can and track down whatever answers to get to the bottom of this.

For the record...when I do get to the bottom of this and get it working, I'm leaving this code up on Github so that those from both the QuickTime API and FFmpeg developer communities can benefit, so should questions similar to my own arise, the inquiring party can have a look and perhaps find it helpful.

Thanks for your help.

Brad