[Libav-user] Getting SDP from AVFormatContext

san redeemarr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 21:55:36 CEST 2013

Is there any chance to get an SDP information from AVFormatContext?

I'm trying to stream h.264 over RTP (RTSP), but unfortunately an SPS/PPS
data is stored in SDP only and not included in RTP packets. So I'm getting
errors from decoder for now (non-existing PPS 0 referenced).

I've solved this problem earlier by establishing additional TCP connection,
interacting with RTSP server, receiving SDP and obtaining SPS/PPS from it at
last.  But I think this is very ugly solution since libavformat already
deals with RTSP and probably got an SDP somewhere deep inside.