[Libav-user] av_samples_fill_arrays and memory

Brad O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Sat Apr 27 19:44:44 CEST 2013

On Apr 26, 2013, at 1:45 PM, Bruce Wheaton <bruce at spearmorgan.com> wrote:

> It may be that your source of dest buffers, if not from ffmpeg, are not correctly aligned.

To the best of my knowledge, the source data is aligned, exactly as needed. Reasons for saying so:

1. The meta-data on the QTSampleBuffer coming over indicates that this is so.

2. The same code / source data being used with the FLTP sample format / AAC encoder works perfect with a S16 sample format / ADPCM_SWF encoder. An alignment problem with the source data most likely would cause a problem in both scenarios.

3. I've tried both 0 and 1 for align parameters throughout my code, and it has absolutely zero effect on the output audio -- same distortion problem.

4. As an alternative approach to setting buffer/channel pointers, I've manually moved every value from the captured buffer to the source data array for resampling. Again, no change in output.

I'll take other avenues.

Thanks,

Brad