[Libav-user] PNG in mp3's failing

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Mon Dec 16 07:58:56 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
To: <libav-user at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Libav-user] PNG in mp3's failing

> Gonzalo Garramuno <ggarra13 at ...> writes:
>
>> I can upload the mp3 if someone points me where to ftp it to.
>
> Either use http://www.datafilehost.com/ or read
> http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html (there is no
> hard filesize limit).
>
> Thank you, Carl Eugen

Here's an mp3 with png that fails for me in N-58754-ge2bf00c.

You don't get a finished frame when you try and decode the attached_pic so something has changed with that since it works with
N-50056-gc63f9fb which is a much older version. mp3's with jpeg's work fine in both versions.

http://sms.pangolin.com/temp/Hank_Williams-I'm_So_Lonesome_I_Could_Cry.mp3

Can't test in the latest ffmpeg version since it does not work for me failing in avformat_open_input or avformat_find_stream_info
for all files and don't have the time right now to figure that out.