[Libav-user] Converting audio sample buffer format

Brad O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Mon Feb 25 17:45:45 CET 2013

On Feb 25, 2013, at 4:37 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> As to the cast - I suppose Brad put it there just to get rid of a compiler warning (or error, if he's using c++). Of course it shouldn't be doing anything else.

This is exactly right. There is a compiler warning if you don't include the cast, presumably because the parameter declaration includes "const". There's no type difference at all and the cast should really be doing anything but satisfying the compiler, as the variable in question, sourceData, is declared as a uint8_t *.

Brad