[Libav-user] Issue using libavformat/libavcodec for AAC encapsulation in MP4 file

Le Bars Christophe (Thales Services) Christophe.LeBars at thomson-networks.com
Thu Jan 10 10:56:54 CET 2013

Hi,

I am working on an MP4  file encapsulation module which use libavformat and libavcodec.

I have some issues with AAC audio, which leads to some segfault into ffmpeg code, in some cases. I am not comfortable with AAC and MPEG specifications so I am not sure which aspects I am misunderstanding.

Basicly, segfault happens because ffmpeg is trying to withdraw ADTS header of my AAC packet in ff_rtp_send_aac, before making the memcpy. I do not understand why withdraw the ADTS header here, as it seems to be done in aac_adtstoasc_bsf function that I have to call earlier in my code.
Then in the case of an AAC packet size of 6 bytes (without ADTS header), it crashes because of a memcpy of size -1.

This happens only in rare cases, in other cases the file is well generated and the audio track is ok.

Thanks for your help.

Chris.