[Libav-user] AVI mpeg4 DivX 5.0 and DivX 3 bitstreams passing to hardware decoder

Pavel Sokolov pavel at sokolov.me
Thu Jan 24 22:23:29 CET 2013

Hi!

I have very specific MIPS device, which has hardware player.
I'm using FFmpeg to demux streams to AVPacket.
It can play any MPEG2, MPEG4, H263 and H264 data, but it need to remux
all data to MPEG2 PES before I feed data to h/w decoder.

I'm applying h264_mp4toannexb bitstream filters to H264 from the avi/mkv
container and it play it fine.

But now I have some trouble: It does not want to play AVI with mpeg4
DivX 3 and DivX 5 streams.

May be such streams also need to do some bitstream modifications before
pushing packets to h/w decoder?