[Libav-user] porting FFusion codec to current FFmpeg libs - ParseContext1 ??

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:29:44 CET 2013

On Jan 25, 2013, at 16:22, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at ...> writes:
>
>> Perian, and thus my FFusion pet project, use
>> an older FFmpeg version, major 52
>
> Please understand that every effort you put into
> lavc 52 is useless afacit, it is missing both
> many features and many bug fixes compared to
> current lavc and you will only get very, very
> limited support.

I am trying to get rid of lavc 52 for exactly that reason, and hoping to get some feedback on how to proceed. Mainstream calls were clearly not much of an issue (the only thing I'm not sure about is how to replace avcodec_thread_init), but code using non-documented/published parts of the parser API is a different thing, especially since there is basically no explanation of what's being done.

Was my request that unclear???

René