[Libav-user] YADIF converted to LGPL

Christophe Kummer c.kummer at noa-audio.com
Wed Jul 3 18:45:45 CEST 2013

Dear Mr. Krüger,

After a discussion with my colleague Tobias Rapp, I am getting back to you regarding the "ongoing efforts of re-issueing Yadif under LGPL" - Michael Niedermayer has recommended to turn to you, as you might have the best overview on the efforts there.

We would like to use the YADIF deinterlacing filters - but as long as they are under GPL we do have a legal problem with it.
Right now we have made use of the old "deprecated" LGPL deinterlacer, but there might soon be a need for Yadif.

Is there a chance how we can get to an agreement with FFMPEG - in case that the efforts might take even longer ?

kind Regards

Jean-Christophe Kummer

Managing Partner
NOA Audio Solutions VertriebsgesmbH
Johannagasse 42/4
A - 1050 Wien
tel.: +43 -1-5452700
fax: +43-1-545270014
mob: +43-699-14003861
c.kummer at noa-audio.com
www.noa-audio.com

NOA is member of the www.leitbetriebe.at group, the top 100 companies of Austria,
which are nominated due to their excellency in work and success.