[Libav-user] Getting frame duration when decoding

Leonid Mokruschin lyon at digispot.ru
Mon Jul 8 13:20:35 CEST 2013

Hi Vahid:

perhaps you need to take into account pStream->codec.time_base and
pStream->codec.ticks_per_frame. I believe that pStream->time_base matches to
frame rate for interleaved video streams, whereas pStream->codec.time_base
matches to field rate. E.g. for 25fps interleaved stream you will get
time_base=1/25 but codec.time_base=1/50 and codec.ticks_per_frame==2.

Sincerely,

LM