[Libav-user] RTP Packetization/Depacketization using libavformat

Diego Carvalho diego.cdomingos2010 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 16:10:09 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Could someone give me an example on how to packetize an encoded frame that
is in the memory into RTP packets using libavformat. I saw that the code
uses AvFormatContext but the only example I saw that uses this structure is
when reading from a file. In this case, the start point is a in memory
encoded frame. Also, I would like to do the opposite way, that is receive
RTP packets and depacketizing them into a frame in the memory. I'm
interested in H.263, H.264 and VP8 codecs and saw that libavformat supports
all them.

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.