[Libav-user] How to implement "-re" option with avformat?

Massimo Battistel battistel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 19:02:11 CEST 2013

Hello,
I have a similar problem. I need to stream some videos through udp/mpegts.
Without flow control memory grows continuously.
I solved comparing stream time with absolute time a making some Sleep(...)
to slow down packet sending.

I would like to know if a more elegant solution is available.

thanks

2013/7/19 Oleg <mybrokenbeat at gmail.com>

> Player should use PTS value anyway for correct and smooth playback. Are
> you sure that you're filling PTS correct?
> 19.07.2013, в 19:20, Gyula Hatalyák написал(а):
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am streaming out packets with RTMP output format to Wowza media server.
> > I have a packet buffer as the input of the RTMP muxer.
> > I can send the packets faster than their duration - by
> av_interleaved_write_frame calls.
> > I send all the packets in the buffer until it is empty, and then wait
> for new packets to come.
> > The problem is:
> > During playback from Wowza the frames are displayed in the same timing
> as they were sent with av_interleaved_write_frame calls resulting fast
> playback and pause/still until the next bunch of packets.
> >
> > With command line ffmpeg I can use "-re" option to make the flow
> real-time.
> > Is there a lib counterpart of this option?
> > Or must I implement manually this "real-time" option?
> > Why aren't PTS/DTS used by muxer/wowza/player?
> >
> > Thanks for any help in advance.
> > Gyula

Massimo Battistel.