[Libav-user] Using libav to demux multiple programs from multi-program stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jul 25 12:12:53 CEST 2013

Adi Shavit <adishavit at ...> writes:

> What I'm asking is if it is possible to demux
> and the decode all (desired) streams independently.

Again, I may misunderstand, but I suspect you cannot
demux the streams of a transport stream independently
but you can only decode the resulting video and audio
streams independently (FFmpeg does not support mvc yet).

> If so, how can I get the "program name" in a
> named stream to know which one I'm processing?

See AVFormatContext->programs[] and
av_find_program_from_stream() and friends.

Please do not top-post here, it is considered
rude, and if possible, please set your mailer
to text-only.

Carl Eugen