[Libav-user] AC3 encoding not in sync with video, PCM_16LE works okay

Gonzalo Garramuno ggarra13 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 00:44:15 CEST 2013

I have coded an encoder in my viewer that writes out new movie files.
My problem is trying to use AC3 as the audio codec. When I use it, the
files created are out of sync (audio plays much faster).  When I write
out the movie using the PCM_16LE codec, all is fine (but of course, I
don't have a float output).
The problem is not present in ffmpeg, only in my viewer.  My guess is
that I need to set the pts/dts of the encoded audio frames and I am
failing to do so.
Any help is appreciated.