[Libav-user] Problems decoding h264 (Baseline, yuvj420p) ip camera stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jun 7 15:25:49 CEST 2013

Alexander Wischnewski <aw.wisch at ...> writes:

> The file h264_ip_cam_input.working of the first
> camera gets decoded well with the command:

Do I understand correctly that one camera produces
a stream that FFmpeg can decode but another one
produces a stream that cannot be decoded?
Or do I misunderstand?

Mostly out of curiosity:
How did you produce this file?

> ffmpeg -f h264 -i h264_ip_cam_input.working output.mp4

Is "-f h264" needed, ie does auto-detection not work?

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen