[Libav-user] flv/h264/rtmp live video streaming

Kalileo kalileo at universalx.net
Sat Jun 15 12:57:51 CEST 2013

On Jun 15, 2013, at 16:01 , Mike Versteeg wrote:

> Thanks. Interesting, I must be doing something wrong then. All
> documentation I have found discusses settings meant for recording
> (i.e. VBR), do you know of any that discuss streaming?

There is not much difference if you write to a file (assuming 1 pass encoding) or if you write to a stream, especially concerning quality.

> Resolution should be irrelevant for static images, but so far I've
> tried everything down to just 512*288.

512x288 as static images should be easy to fit in bitrates < 1 Mbps in excellent quality.

Resolution can be very relevant, depending on your gop setting / how often you have key frames.

> PS: As it has taken me over a month just to get a reply, I really do
> invite anyone to answer my support question.

You make it impossible to help you as long as you keep secret what you do. That is why I asked you this: