[Libav-user] H264+flv bad video stream

Dragos Iordache dragoshiordache at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 10:33:09 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Dragos Iordache <dragoshiordache at ...> writes:

> > > Can you reproduce the problem with ffmpeg (the application)?
> >
> > No. I am using my own H264 encoder that produces
> > the correct output
>
> Does that mean if you feed your encoders output into
> ffmpeg (the application), then everything works fine?
>
> Out of curiosity: Which h264 encoder works better for
> you than x264?
>
> Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen

Hi,

I had some time to do some more tests.

To answer your first question, I am using the ffmpeg on an Android and
compress the frames with stagefright.

If my output is a file ("test.h264") then everything works ok. I can play
the video, seek to any point and it look ok. If I use a rtmp server as the
output, then the live stream is black and if I record the stream, it cannot
be played back. For the rtmp server I use justin.tv servers.

After I capture the frames that leave my device (Shark app for root) they
look nothing as the data I pass to the AVPacket. I open them with wireshark
on desktop and the rtmp body does not contain the data I hoped. So, my
encoder generates the right output, but when they are written on the
network the packet doen not contain the frame.

I think it is a problem with rtmp + flv + h264 encoder in ffmpeg, because I
create the codec too.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dragos