[Libav-user] Using AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIEO with images

Pradeep Karosiya praks411 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 15:02:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to encode a video from image buffer. I want to encode it as raw
video format, so I have used AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO as codec_id and also set
format flags in AVFormatContext to AVFMT_RAWPICTURE. When I run the loop the
generated video is blank it only show black screen.
However when I used some other codec_id like AV_CODEC_ID_MP4 it works fine.
I'm following decoding_encoding.c example.
Please suggest something what could be going wrong.

Snippet of code which is writing frame

 if (oc->oformat->flags & AVFMT_RAWPICTURE || video_st->codec->codec_id ==
CODEC_ID_JPEGLS
        ||video_st->codec->codec_id == AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO)
 {
        /* raw video case. The API will change slightly in the near
           futur for that */
        AVPacket pkt;
        av_init_packet(&pkt);

        pkt.flags |= AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY;
        pkt.stream_index= video_st->index;
        pkt.data= (uint8_t *)picture;
        pkt.size= sizeof(AVPicture);
        pkt.destruct = NULL;
         PRINT_VAL("Size of Vid Pkt ", pkt.size)

        vid_pts++;
        pkt.pts = av_rescale_q(vid_pts, video_st->codec->time_base,
video_st->time_base);
        pkt.dts = pkt.pts;
        pkt.duration = 0;
        if((ret = av_interleaved_write_frame(oc, &pkt)) < 0)
        {
            PRINT_MSG("Failed to Write Video Frame ")
        }
}

Thanks
Pradeep