[Libav-user] Making avcodec_decoder_video2 error out on bad bitstream

Faraz Khan faraz at screenhero.com
Tue Jun 18 05:41:23 CEST 2013

Guys,
I have set:

    decoderContext->err_recognition = AV_EF_EXPLODE;

but the call to avcodec_decoder_video2 never returns an error (though I can
clearly see artifacts on my screen). I'm feeding fully encoded frames using
my rtp library and this happens after packet loss. I have other ways of
figuring out whether the frame provided was complete or not but it would be
a lot easier if the decoder can just indicate when it was in a error state.

I've also tried to use:

  int errors = av_frame_get_decode_error_flags(decoderOutFrame);

without any luck.

Thanks!

Faraz Khan
Simple Collaboration Screensharing