[Libav-user] a question for av_seek_frame

YIRAN LI mrfun.china at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 09:31:56 CEST 2013

Hi friends,

I have a very basic question about av_seek_frame.

Say if my video has 1 video stream and 1 audio stream, and I called
av_seek_frame to seek to 3rd second in the video (and suppose seek succeed).

Then will my subsequent call of av_read_frame read data from where the
video was previously seeked to? I mean, if I call av_read_frame after
av_seek_frame is called to seek to 3rd second in the video stream, will I
get sound packets starting from 3rd second in the movie?

I guess the answer is yes, can anyone confirm with me?

Thanks