[Libav-user] Possible fix for rare core-dumps in H264

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jun 21 10:36:29 CEST 2013

Mark Stevans <mark39518 at ...> writes:

> It takes hours of testing to generate a stack trace

I am not sure I understand: The additional effort
should be far below five minutes, could you
elaborate?

> And it's very difficult to get a clip for reproduction,
> as this is a live stream running for hours.

rtmpdump should allow to record a sample.

Allow me to explain that it is extremely unlikely
that a developer will work on a ticket that does
not nearly contain enough information to allow
fixing it, as you may have seen there is a large
number of open and reproducible tickets.

Posting your patch on ffmpeg-devel could be an
alternative (as said, there is a very long history
of patches that are ignored on trac, this is why
the New Ticket page says "Patches should be
submitted to the ffmpeg-devel mailing list and not
this bug tracker." - if you believe this sentence
can be improved, please tell us).

Carl Eugen