[Libav-user] What define the quality of a decoded video

... ... bersac_1 at hotmail.fr
Fri Jun 21 16:45:46 CEST 2013

HI,
I have a basic .avi video. I decode it, reencode it using the same type of encoder without modifying the decoded data and finally I save it on one file of my computer. The saved video has a good framerate but it had lost a lot of quality in the process (it's now with a lot of pixel). I kwon that the image has been decoded without losing quality. The lost of quality appeared during the decoding and saving process.What define the quality of a decoded video ?

Thanks,Guillaume Bersac237bis rue de Pessac33000 Bordeaux06.65.30.89.43