[Libav-user] What define the quality of a decoded video

... ... bersac_1 at hotmail.fr
Mon Jun 24 10:11:05 CEST 2013

Hi,
Thanks for all your responses, it makes things clearer. So if I understand, I can't encode video without losing quality (the same with decoding, but I don't actually have problems with decoding). But I can't skip decoding  for processing reasons. So how to define the encoding tweaks which will minimize the lost of quality ? Is there a function like AVOutputFormat* defineBestDecodeSettings(AVPacket *pkt, enum AVQuality flags); ?

Sincerely,Guillaume Bersac237bis rue de Pessac33000 Bordeaux06.65.30.89.43