[Libav-user] HW decoding on Android

Licheng Niu niulicheng at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 12:22:59 CEST 2013

I am not familiar with libstagefright in ffmpeg and I believe it works well
on most devices. But since libstagefright uses Openmax IL api, I guess
there would be some incompatible issues.
The most frequently happened problem is color format incompatible. However,
color format incompatible doesn't affect decoding.
Another problem for example: On TI Tegra II cpu, there is a special way to
use openmax api.