[Libav-user] Audio conversion from planar to non-planar formats

Taha Ansari mtaha.ansari at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 08:01:55 CEST 2013

Hi!

I am working on audio conversion. Looking at different example online, I
have been successfully able to convert FLTP format to S16. To my
understanding, FLTP is planar, with values in floating range: -1.0 to +1.0.
This converts to S16 just fine. Now, I want to convert audio coming from
S16P format to S16 format.

Because of initial success with planar to S16 (FLTP to S16), I assume I am
interpreting planar data correctly, but, when I convert from S16P to S16, I
get lots of artifacts in destination audio (noise is not clear, and is
faster than original track).

I am requesting could anyone kindly guide me on how to do successful
conversion from S16P to S16 formats? I am simply amazed how such an
apparently simple task is taking me forever, but still gets me nowhere.

Thanks in advance @all!