[Libav-user] Building with MSVC toolchain resulting in seeking problem?

Bjoern Drabeck bjoern.drabeck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 11:52:44 CET 2013

> > I have got that to build, however compared to builds
> > from the zeranoe site (and also builds I have asked a
> > friend of mine to make for me using mingw with gcc),
> > I always end up with seeking problems.
>
> This is surprising.
> Are you sure that you are testing the same versions?

I have downloaded the zeranoe build marked as 1.1.3 and I also got
http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-1.1.3.tar.bz2 and built that myself.. so
I would say it's the same version. However I got the same problem with
previous versions too (tried 1.0.1, and 1.1 for example).

> Did you try to disable optimizations?
>
> For some reason I get build errors as soon as I
use --disable-optimizations:

LD libavutil/avutil-52.dll
   Creating library libavutil/avutil.lib and object libavutil/avutil.exp
cpu.o : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ff_get_cpu_flags_ppc
referenced in function _av_get_cpu_flags
cpu.o : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ff_get_cpu_flags_arm
referenced in function _av_get_cpu_flags
libavutil/avutil-52.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
make: *** [libavutil/avutil-52.dll] Error 1

If I don't disable optimizations I don't get that and it builds fine... but
no idea about that (I have never really looked into the ffmpeg code except
for the public headers)

> > In most files everything seems to work fine, however
> > when I have larger MKV files (for example I got one
> > 15 GB movie file)
>
> Does mkvalidator report the following?
> "Unnecessary secondary SeekHead was found at "
> (followed by a very large number)
> This would indicate ticket #2263, we don't even
> know how to produce such a file...
>
> No, what mkvalidator says is:
mkvalidator 0.4.2: the file appears to be valid
Track #1    V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC 423468 bits/s
Track #2              A_DTS -216696 bits/s
Track #3        S_TEXT/UTF8 1 bits/s
Track #4        S_TEXT/UTF8 36 bits/s
        file created with mkv2rls v1.3 (date: 2010 aug 28) / x264.exe
I also get a lot of:
WRN0C0: First Block for video track #1 in Cluster at 16348469372 is not a
keyframe

> [...]
>
> > I used this configuration (which contains the essentails
> > I need: LGPL, v3, dxva2 support, shared dlls):
>
> Completely unrelated: Could you explain why you "need" v3 ?
>
> No, I don't need it, sorry, copy-paste thing from somewhere else oops... I
do need LGPL and dxva2 though...