[Libav-user] Building with MSVC toolchain resulting in seeking problem?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 12 15:56:21 CET 2013

Bjoern Drabeck <bjoern.drabeck at ...> writes:

> > > I have got that to build, however compared to builds
> > > from the zeranoe site (and also builds I have asked a
> > > friend of mine to make for me using mingw with gcc),
> > > I always end up with seeking problems.
> >
> > This is surprising.
> > Are you sure that you are testing the same versions?
>
> I have downloaded the zeranoe build marked as 1.1.3 and I
> also got http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-1.1.3.tar.bz2
> and built that myself.. so I would say it's the same version.

Could you also test current git head?
(Or, since that is atm unstable origin/release/1.2)
If it does not work, can you test if ffmpeg (the application)
allows to reproduce the problem? If not, a test-case will
probably be required...

> > Did you try to disable optimizations?
>
> For some reason I get build errors as soon as I use
> --disable-optimizations:
>
> LD	libavutil/avutil-52.dll
>    Creating library libavutil/avutil.lib and object libavutil/avutil.exp
> cpu.o : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ff_get_cpu_flags_ppc
> referenced in function _av_get_cpu_flags

Dead-code-elimination is always required to build
FFmpeg, try --extra-cflags=-O1 (or actually the msvc equivalent).

(Please set your mailer to text-only if possible.)

Carl Eugen