[Libav-user] Building with MSVC toolchain resulting in seekingproblem?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 20:36:17 CET 2013

On Mar 12, 2013, at 20:08, John Orr wrote:

> The configuration script seem to generate both -Oy and -Oy- flags (as well as both -Zi and -Z7), so, in config.mak, I had to manually remove -Oy and -Z7 from CFLAGS and replace -Z7 in config.mak with -Zi.  I don't yet understand the configuration script well enough to know how to fix that properly, so I did it manually.
>
> The Visual Studio 2010 debugger is able to navigate through calls through the ffmpeg dlls this way.  Sometimes it does not see the local variables.

Of course it should be able, if MSVC compiled the code. The missing local variables are probably because of the optimisation that has to be done for dead code elimination, as explained earlier. (I've already spent some time on an earlier libav version to enable building with -O0, in order to be able to step through the code without optimisation-related surprises. It's possible, but it can take a while.)