[Libav-user] Building with MSVC toolchain resulting in seeking problem?

John Orr john.orr at scala.com
Wed Mar 13 00:18:02 CET 2013

On 3/12/2013 6:18 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> John Orr <john.orr at ...> writes:
>
>> Parts of ffmpeg source code assume the compiler will remove
>> the body of a conditional if the condition is always false
> Could you test if the following fixes compilation with
> --disable-optimizations with msvc?
> Insert a line >> _cflags_noopt="-O1" << after
> the line >> _cflags_size="-O1" << which should be line 2746.

I tried this in the 1.1.3 branch version of configure just above the line:

         # Nonstandard output options, to avoid msys path conversion
issues, relies on wrapper to remap it

It eventually fails to link:

cpu.o : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ff_get_cpu_flags_ppc
referenced in function _av_get_cpu_flags
cpu.o : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ff_get_cpu_flags_arm
referenced in function _av_get_cpu_flags
libavutil/avutilmm-52.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
make: *** [libavutil/avutilmm-52.dll] Error 1

> If not: Does --enable-small work?

I'll try in a little bit.

--Johno