[Libav-user] --disable-asm --disable-yasm options

Dolevo Jay cmst at live.com
Mon Mar 25 12:35:16 CET 2013

Hello all,

I am currently using libav decoder in openembedded platform. When configuring the libav, I was forced to use --disable-yasm option because of our old version openembedded system. I realized that I also added --disable-asm option, which I thought that they are the same. Now I see that the libav compiles ./configure --disable-yasm.

Questions:
1. Could you please tell me what is the difference between these options? Obviously one of them is for asm optimization and the other for, let say, asm compiler but what is the correlation between them.
2. Do I lose a lot of decoding performance because of --disable-yasm option?

Thanks a lot,
Regards,

Jay